Marriage Registration In Kanpur 9999423333

Marriage Registration In Kanpur

Marriage Registration In Kanpur.Registration of marriage is compulsory in many countries but it was not mandatory in India till now. Till now, when marriage registration was not compulsory, 80% of people getting registration were young couples who were going in for a ‘love marriage’, meaning a marriage without parental consent. They felt that getting marriage registered made their wedlock stronger and made them mentally secure.Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate.

Best Marriage Registration In Kanpur


An application for the registration of a marriage shall be made in duplicate to the Registrar within whose jurisdiction the marriage is solemnised, or within whose jurisdiction the husband permanently resides, and shall be in Form ‘A’ of the Schedule appended to these rules:

• Provided that, if the application is made to the Registrar within whose territorial jurisdiction the marriage is solemnised, and the husband does not permanently reside within such jurisdiction, it shall be made in triplicate and the third copy of the application shall be forwarded by the Registrar receiving the application to the Registrar within whose jurisdiction the husband permanently resides.

• Provided further that an application for the registration of a marriage shall ordinarily be presented to a Sub-Registrar having jurisdiction, but that the Registrar of the District may, in his discretion, also entertain any such application.

An application in Form-A shall be accompanied by a certificate by a Gazetted Officer, Pradhan of a Gaon Sabha, Sarpanch of a Nyaya Panchayat or Pramukh of a Kshettra Samiti or the President of any other local body, or in case any party to the marriage resides outside India, by the Indian Consul or Vice-Consul, as to the identity of the parties to the marriage and the correctness of other particulars appearing in the application, and may either be delivered personally to the Registrar concerned or sent to him by registered post.

Marriage Registration In Kanpur.